Foot Action (Footlocker)

Thursday, August 21, 2008

Great Set of Kicks from Sprandi

When there is talk about athletic shoes, names like Nike, Adidas, and Reebok are mentioned more times than the number of people watching the NFL Super Bowl (figuratively speaking). But as most athletes know, there are many brands out there that are relatively unknown yet can perform in parallel with or better than the popular signature shoes most players wear today.

Sprandi is one of that athletic and casual footwear I would buy over and over again. I bought a pair once in 1998 when I still played basketball and was satisfied with its performance overall in the court and in the streets. I wore it every day for a year and 6 months before I purchased a new pair of kicks.

Sadly, I wasn’t able to find another pair of such brand. Perhaps their marketing strategy was not good enough to penetrate the Asian market because I never heard of or saw Sprandi shoes in the malls I frequented (back then, I was too young what marketing strategy means. So pretty much I didn’t care).

With the Internet, I again sought Sprandi and lo! Behold! They got much better than before!

What I have here is just running shoes, but they look nice. Speaking from experience, these shoes can kick asphalt and gravel and still look good in jeans.

0 comments: